Tuesday, January 25, 2005

PUMP, PUMP, PUMP ME UP



I am off to my first expanding session. I wish that the expanding process was as easy as the old-school reebok pumps. Here's what's going to happen for those of you that are curious.

After my mastectemy, the plastic surgeon came in and inserted expanders under my chest muscles (think of them as deflated implants). Every couple weeks or so, I go back to the plastic surgeon and she will find a "tap" of sorts and fill up the expanders with saline. I will continue to have regular fill-ups until my muscles and skin is sufficiently stretched out. Then, I will go back for another surgery to get my new boobs.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK TODAY SARAH!!
i'll be thinking about you!
ashley :)

Mail Clerk said...

hope it's not too sore. remember: no pain, no gain. good luck. we'll make sure your drugs are kept in good supply.