Friday, October 22, 2004

TAXO-RIFFIC!

Monday, I went for my first treatment of Taxol, a new chemotherapy drug. It went unusually well! No barfing, no nausea, nothing! It seems too good to be true! The only side effects that I am experiencing are constipation (my fav!) and body aches. I am still waiting for the little surprises that chemo seems to bring.

The Red Dragon didn't go down without a fight, though. The last bought of nausea was pretty bad and I have a high fever the following week. I am so glad that it is over!

3 MORE TO GO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope that your last three treatments are easier and that you are feeling 100% as soon as possible. Your positive outlook is an inspiration, especially to someone like me who LOVES to complain.
Adina

cheekdog said...

i gotta tell ya.....you have no idea how much your blog inspires me or how hard i'm pulling for you! i worry about you (a complete stranger) on a regular basis. but since a wise friend once told me, "worrying is like praying for what you don't want", so i try and send a little positivity your way :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah;
Just wanted to let you know some more of the folks in Fayetteville are watching your struggle and praying daily for your recovery. What you are doing here with your site is working wonders you will not inderstand for a long time. Your the greatest. All of the McCormick clan wishes you the best.