Thursday, April 14, 2005

LONG LOST FRIEND: "OMIGOD, YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!"

Sarah: "Actually, it fell out because I had to through chemo for breast cancer."

My hair is getting to the point where it looks like I just decided to cut it. Lately, I've run into people who I haven't seen in long time and they always say something like, "Sarah! I didn't recognize you. You cut your hair! It looks great!" How am I to respond these people? Should I say something like "Yeah, it was getting too hot," or "I really needed an extra 15 minutes of sleep in the morning," or "My flat iron broke so I buzzed it in frustration"?

What a quandary!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure that is a quandary, but your hair really does look great. You know I am a fan of short hair anyway. Mommy Dee

Computer Support said...

I think you should say, "I didn't cut it... it fell out... thanks for asking"

Then watch 'em blush.

Anonymous said...

I think you are just as cute as can be. Tell them the truth! Be prepared that they will stammer and hurry away. IT seems that many females thing that breast cancer is contagious. I sure have been treated differently and I kept my hair.

Love Mom