Tuesday, November 16, 2004

HEY, ATHENIANS! HELP FIGHT CANCER THIS WEEK!



The University of Georgia's chapter of Relay for Life is sponsoring
"Crusade Against Cancer" on November 15-18. Throughout the
week, the Crusade Against Cancer Program is going to be presented
throughout campus. Topics of the program include breast cancer,
testicular cancer, lung cancer, skin cancers, and healthy lifestyle.

In addition, specific events are scheduled throughout this
week for people to participate in. On Wednesday, Nov. 17,
there will be a fundraiser at the Tate Center from 11 am - 2
pm relating to tobacco awareness. On Thursday, Nov. 18, the
Great American Smokeout will take place. This event
encourages individuals to vow to go at least the day without
smoking! On that same day, from 7 - 8 pm at the Arch there
will be a candlelight vigil to honor loved ones affected by
cancer. People are encouraged to bring a photo of their
loved ones who have been or are presently affected by cancer
for a collage that is going to be made.

Thanks to my girl, Adina, for the link!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Found my way over here from Dan Tobin's site. Read your entire blog in one sitting and I'm amazed and humbled by your strength and courage, not to mention your sense of humor in the face of adversity. I'll be back, and often. Also, I'd like to link you, if you don't mind. Good luck and best wishes.

Sarah said...

Hey, thanks, Jack! I'd appreciate the link. Once I get around to adding links to my blog, I'll be sure to add yours. Thanks for your comments and support!