Wednesday, August 11, 2004

"CAN I GET A NUMBER ONE AND A DOUBLE MASTECTOMY WITH A DIET COKE?"

Thanks to my dad for this one.

From lifetimetv.com:

On September 25, 2003, Lifetime Television delivered more than 5 million petition signatures to Capitol Hill, urging Congress to ban "drive-through" mastectomies — the practice in which women are forced out of the hospital sometimes only hours after breast cancer surgery. Sign our petition now to help end drive-through mastectomies once and for all. Read the article and sign the petition. I did.

4 comments:

Mail Clerk said...

me too.

Legal Bitch said...

I signed this petition a while back (several people have circulated it to me in the past), but I urge everyone to pass it on to friends and loved ones and encourage them to sign. It's important that we make our voices heard to our legislators when they are making decisions that impact the care our loved ones receive when they must face such a traumatic and difficult procedure.

Anonymous said...

You're an amazing person. And your blog is a wonderful way to keep everyone up to date. We know that you have a great support group there in Athens; but don't forget about your support group south of Atlanta. We are thinking positive thoughts and are ready to help you in any way we can.
Love, Auntie M (a/k/a Martha)

cheekdog said...

petition signed!