Thursday, January 07, 2010

Hello old friend. So we meet again.

Well, I'm about to head to my first of 16 chemotherapy sessions. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it.  Actually, the infusion part isn't bad at all.  It's about an hour after you get home that all the fun begins. I decided while back that I will not have any expectations on how this will go based on my previous experience. I am hopeful that it won't be as bad,  but I am prepared for an evening full of restlessness and puking.  I'm lucky to have my dear husband and my sweet mother to care for me in addition to my fuzzy medical team: Hurley, Frances, Iris and Orzo.  After all my surgeries, Hurley was so attentive to me that he earned the new nickname, Nurse Puppy.  I look forward to his snugs.

I have a mix of emotions right now.  I think that they can be best expressed in this classic viral video, David After the Dentist.  There's something about all those existential questions that I can really relate to. Please enjoy:


As we venture over to the oncology office, I will be listening to my "let's get fired up about chemo" song courtesy of Of Montreal.  Please enjoy this too and maybe do a little dance.

http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569462355264734

2 comments:

Dee said...

Glad things went well this weekend..we'll just pray you through every treatment :)

Snowbrush said...

So many struggle with cancer and other horrible ailments, and if there is a writer somewhere inside them, it tends to come out at such a time. I don't have cancer, but I do have chronic pain issues, and nothing has helped me more than the people I've met through my blog. it matters not what the source of their pain is or how old they are, but that they help me to find my own courage.